New Zealand Investor Visa – Residency Visa
New Zealand is a great place to be in business. The 2016 World Bank survey ranked NZ as the number two country for ease of doing business, second only to Singapore.
Immigration New Zealand’s migrant investment policy aims to attract applicants who want to live in New Zealand permanently and wish to make a significant financial contribution to NZ's economy. The Government’s investor policies shows a willingness to attract investors looking for a higher quality of life for themselves and their family.
There are two categories that exist, these are:
1) Investor Plus - Investor 1 Category
- This category requires applicants to invest NZ$10 million. This level of funds must then be transferred to New Zealand and invested in a suitable investment for three years.
- Investor Plus applicants must spend at least 20% of their time in NZ in years two and three, and must show that the funds they possess have been legally acquired.
- There is no age, business experience or English language requirements that need to be satisfied, however health and character requirements must be met.
- There is no limit on the number of Investor 1 applicants.
2) Investor - Investor 2 Category
- This category requires applicants to have the ability to nominate funds or assets equivalent to at least NZ$1.5 million for investment funds, and NZ$1 million for settlement funds. Applicants must meet a minimum point's score to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited to apply for residency. A minimum of 20 points must be achieved to submit an EOI and points are awarded for age (65 years or younger), business experience, English language and investment funds.
- Applicants must be 65 years or younger.
- Investor applicants must retain investment funds in an acceptable investment(s) for four years, and spend at least 40% of their time in New Zealand in years two, three and four.
- All applicants must meet health, character and English language requirements. The principal applicant must also have at least three years' business experience.
- A maximum of 300 Investor (Investor 2 Category) visas will be issued each year.
- Both NZ investor visa categories detailed above can be successfully used as a vehicle to obtain residency outright for those applicants who have sufficient capital and who want to adopt a flexible and conservative investment approach.
It is important that all applicants obtain professional advice and are assisted with meticulous planning and careful consideration before applying for one of the above investor visas. Please call 01483 550920 if you would like to receive advice and guidance, we have experience in dealing with these types of applications and will be able to provide you with the assistance that is needed.