The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment have released their latest Jobs Online report, and we have the highlights here:
- Throughout September, the number of vacancies advertised online grew 0.5%, with the biggest growth in education & training, and sales
- 25.3% of firms reported an intention to hire more people over the coming year - this has risen 6.1 percentage points from August
- Job vacancies grew in 5 of the 8 industry groups. They included: Education & Training, Healthcare & Medical, Hospitality & Tourism, Sales Marketing & Advertising.
- Annual change shows growth continues in Construction & Engineering, up 11.4% on last year.
- Looking at occupational group, Over the year, job vacancies increased in all eight groups. The biggest increase was for labourers (up 23.0 per cent), followed by machinery drivers and operators (up 21.5 per cent).
Here's the full MBIE jobs report.