This month The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment released its Jobs Online report for November 2017.
Overall there was a rise in online job vacancies by 8.5%. Below is a summary of the key findings from the report.
- The largest contributor was the education and training industry, up 2.3%
- The biggest fall was the IT industry (down 1.1%)
- Vacancies increased in all eight occupation groups - Accounting, HR, legal & admin, Construction & engineering, Education & training, Healthcare & medical, Hospitality & tourism, IT, Sales, retail, marketing & advertising and Other.
- Vacancies increased in all five skill levels. The largest increases were for low skilled and unskilled occupations
- Vacancies increased in all ten regions over the month, with the biggest increases in Otago Southland (up 2.1 per cent) and Bay of Plenty (up 1.7 per cent).