This month The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment today released its Jobs Online report for September 2017.
Overall there was a rise in job advertisements. Below is a summary of the key findings from the report.
- Healthcare and medical vacancies were up 1.0%
- Vacancies increased in six out of eight occupation groups. The largest increases were for labourers (up 1.1%) and machinery drivers (up 0.9%)
- Low skilled occupation vacancies were up 0.5%
- Vacancies increased in seven out of ten regions over the month, with the biggest increase in Otago/Southland (up 1.3%)
- Over the past year, online vacancies increased by 9.6%