Special Education Teacher
New Zealand special school’s are looking for a special education teachers to teach students who have significant intellectual and complex disabilities.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a New Zealand registered teacher, with proven experience in working with students with special needs in a satellite / mainstream context.
- have a special education qualification and/or have participated in professional development that is relevant to the needs of students with special needs.
- have a range of effective skills that assist students with intellectual impairment to learn. These may include the use of visual strategies, PECS, social stories, functional analysis of comprehension and behaviour, setting SMART targets, individualising programmes, use of appropriate feedback strategies, structuring the classroom environment.
- be able to develop and implement systems which promote independence.
- have good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage and work with teams, as well as parents / whanau, caregivers and colleagues in a caring and supportive manner.
- have a sense of humour, flexible approach, and effective organisational skills.
If you are passionate about working to better the lives of with students with intellectual disabilities then please send a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number #283, or call Kristina Appleby on +64 4 910 2212 for a confidential conversation. We encourage applicants to state any additional areas of strength, interest, or experience when making an application.
To discover your eligibility to work in New Zealand, fill out our free initial visa eligibility form.