The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment recently released its February 2017 Jobs Online report.
Below are the key findings from the latest report:
- The All Vacancies Index increased by 1.2 per cent in February 2017.
- Vacancies increased in six out of eight industry groups. The biggest contributors were construction and engineering (up 2.6 per cent) and education and training (up 1.3 per cent).
- Vacancies increased in all occupation groups. The largest increase was for machinery drivers and operators (up 1.6 per cent)
- Vacancies increased in all skill levels. The largest increases were in highly skilled (up 1.7 per cent), and skilled (up 1.2 per cent) occupations.
- Vacancies increased in eight out of ten regions. The biggest increase was in the Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough/West Coast (up 1.9 per cent) region.
For more information on MBIE labour market analysis, visit their website.