Various Auckland based schools for children who have an intellectual disability, many of whom also have physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities are looking for a special education teachers to join their supportive, innovative, and passionate teams.
You should have knowledge of teaching strategies regarding Autism, other syndromes, have good behaviour support skills, be flexible, a good team player and be self-directed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a New Zealand registered teacher, with proven experience in working with students with special needs in a satellite / mainstream context.
- Have a special education qualification and/or have participated in professional development that is relevant to the needs of students with special needs.
- Have a range of effective skills that assist students with intellectual impairment to learn. These may include the use of visual strategies, PECS, social stories, functional analysis of comprehension and behaviour, setting SMART targets, individualising programmes, use of appropriate feedback strategies, structuring the classroom environment.
- Be able to develop and implement systems which promote independence.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage and work with teams, as well as parents / whanau, caregivers and colleagues in a caring and supportive manner.
- Have a sense of humour, flexible approach, and effective organisational skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
To discover your eligibility to obtain a visa for this opportunity, complete our free initial visa eligibility form today.