The All Vacancies Index increased by 0.6 per cent in the month of July 2018. Here are the highlights of the monthly report:
- Vacancies increased in eight of the ten industry groups. The largest contributors were healthcare and medical (up 1.5 per cent), the education and training (up 1.3 per cent), and IT (up 1.1 per cent) industries.
- Vacancies increased in six out of eight occupation groups. The largest increases were for machinery operators and drivers (up 1.5 per cent), and labourers (up 0.9 per cent).
- Vacancies increased in all five skill levels. The largest increases were for skilled and highly skilled occupations up 0.7 and 0.6 per cent respectively.
- Vacancies increased in nine out of ten regions over the month, with the biggest increases in Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough/West Coast (up 2.0 per cent) and Waikato (up 1.8 per cent).
- Over the past year, online vacancies increased by 7.1 per cent.
For More information click here.