Migration Associates (UK) Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of business agreement) and any other documents referred to onto on the website sets out the basis on which any personal data is collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.migrationassociates.com (our site). This includes:
- personal information, provided voluntarily when you register to obtain a free online visa evaluation, complete any other online form or advertise on the Migration Associates Website;
- personal information provided to us through any other method, including correspondence and discussion;
- information collected by us about your use of the Migration Associates Website including the content and services you access;
- aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from the Migration Associates Website but does not relate to you personally;
- other information that does not personally identify you; and
- cookies - these are small pieces of information which can be stored on your hard drive to help us improve your experience on the Migration Associates Website. Cookies are used on most major websites.
- The personal information we collect about you will be stored securely and can be accessed by staff of the Migration Associates and/or any of its related companies in order to provide you with a highly personalised service and we will NOT use that personal data for purposes beyond those deemed necessary to evaluate your eligibility for immigration and requirements for obtaining a New Zealand visa.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys and proposal forms that we use for research and quotation purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Free Online Visa Evaluation
Our Free Online Visa Evaluation is designed to provide intending applicants with a general indication of their eligibility for obtaining a New Zealand Visa. However, our initial assessment service is not highly comprehensive and, as such, our findings are not binding in any way. The final decision in respect to an applicants New Zealand visa eligibility is at the discretion of Immigration New Zealand, the New Zealand governmental agency responsible for administering and overseeing migration and entry into New Zealand.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by Migration Associates Limited in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Migration Associates Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the accuracy or the privacy practices of such sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the Migration Associates Website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We do not and will never disclose your personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone, number, etc, to any outside parties without your permission, unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to carry out our service to you or otherwise as required by law. We will NOT re-sell, distribute or share your personal data with third parties.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by telephone, post or electronic means if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Migration Associates (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.