The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment recently released its January Jobs Online report.
Below are the key findings from this report:
- The All Vacancies Index increased by 0.5 per cent in January 2017.
- Job advertisement growth was concentrated in a small number of industry groups. Growth was concentrated in the construction and engineering (up 1.2 per cent), education and training (up 0.6 per cent) industries.
- Vacancies increased in seven out of eight occupation groups. The largest increases were for labourers (up 1.4 per cent), and machinery drivers (up 1.1 per cent).
- Vacancies increased in all skill levels. Vacancies for low skilled jobs had the biggest increase (up 0.8 per cent), followed by unskilled (up 0.7 per cent).
- Vacancies increased in nine out of ten regions. Vacancies grew most strongly in Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough/West Coast (up 1.7 per cent), and Manawatu-Wanganui/Taranaki (up 1.5 per cent).