Are you an international graduate wanting to stay in NZ?

International students studying in New Zealand might be considering what to do next and wondering what visa options are available to them and their families in New Zealand.

“If you’re looking for immigration advice about the options you have to stay in New Zealand after your studies, check your adviser is a Licensed Immigration Adviser or exempt person, such as a New Zealand lawyer,” says Registrar of the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) Catherine Albiston. The IAA is a New Zealand government body set up to protect individuals and families looking for immigration advice. We are listed on the IAA’s register of licensed immigration advisers.

"If students need personalised immigration help, it is important to only seek it from people who can legally give New Zealand immigration advice,” adds Ms Albiston.

“Holding an immigration adviser licence means the individual has met competency standards and must be professional. Visa applicants need to be honest with Immigration New Zealand and declare any help received when completing a visa application form. If applicants are not honest, the visa application may be declined and Immigration New Zealand may refuse future visa applications.

“Our message to students seeking immigration advice is to check if the person is a Licensed Immigration Adviser or exempt.”

All Immigration Advisers at Migration Associates are licensed by the IAA and visa information is available on our website. If you're a student in need of personalised immigration help, get in touch with our friendly team today and we'll be happy to assist you.

You can also complete our initial visa evaluation form, which will allow us to evaluate your eligibility to qualify for a New Zealand Visa.

IAA International Students in NZ